Career Opportunities in Australia
Any student loves to study in Australia as it offers a wide berth to enhance one’s life-skills. That is where part-time work opportunities come.
Any migrant student is allowed to work up to 40 hours every two weeks during the course. They are unlimited at course breaks.
Where to find work?
- Through the job centres in your institution
- Via internet using websites like SEEK
- By signing up with a job recruiting company
- Paid work – Work in farms, bars, cafes, small shops, etc.
- Tuition – Can be done with good work experience and educational qualifications
- Internships – available as paid and unpaid. A great opportunity to start a career-oriented approach.
- Volunteer – Work and gain experience, expand your social circles and meet with new opportunities by joining as a volunteer in NGO s and Charity institutions.
Things to remember
- The Tax File Number (TFN)
It is mandatory to have TFN if you are working in Australia. Obtain a TFN here by visiting Australian Taxation Office.
- Visa validity period and rules
Inspect the validity period of your visa before starting working in any job and whether there is a possibility of violating any rule implemented over your student visa.
- A fair minimum salary
- Adequate rest periods and leaves
- Safe and healthy working environment
- Can challenge upon any unfair dismissal or treatment